Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Kargil of my life.

Circa 1999. Indian army was fighting at Kargil reclaiming areas captures by the Pakistan army and its jihaadi groups. Today, 10 years later, I saw a billboard reminding me of the war. Not drawing parallels here, but it was also the same year when I was trying to establish my IT consulting biz. The battlefeild of my mind was frequently invaded by people for and against my persistenance of continuing my labour. Around 4 years later and with failures to realise payments, coupled with drying prospects (ammo) made me surrender. I lost my battle of nerves at that time. Regrets? None for having to give up, as I learned from those experiences, reclaimed the confidence on my abilities, moved into security profession and comparitive financial security.Today, I am happy where I am, the enterprising spirit continues to live in me. I guess a day shall come again when I take to the same battle again. This time to win. When? Dunno. Not before 5-10 years I suspect.

No comments: